CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

28 Jul 2008

Kat the lone...embroiderist Part 1/?

MONDAY


Madonna, 'Die Another Day'
This pretty much sums up today for me.

I am left on my lonesome as Si and Jo are busy moving round the stuff from the shop in town and Rod's off ill or something (no idea)

So I get into work, am just told to 'look through stuff to do,' so those two swan off and I'm left in charge...

Now, I actually excel when I am left alone as I work under my own steam, rather than obeying anyone else. So 'efficient Kat' comes along! I get all my bits in the office sorted, take 3 orders and arrange 4 quotes. It's now 10:00am. I decide to have a look at what embroidery is left for me to do today since Rod's away...I am extremely cross to find that the one job that was promised for FRIDAY has not been completed! So this means I will have to rush to finish it. Ron (who the order is for) turns up, I have to explain that it will be done by 4pm (4 fleeces take half an hour as the logo has LOTS of stitches, and that's if the machine behaves and there is no 'breaks' at all...so I'm gonna be pretty much flooring it!!)

I decide I will be okay to get the 'Waste...' job done aswell for roughly the same time, so I set it up on the other side and get ready to do a quick run to see if the logo's okay and the machine isn't playing up...it is! I am SOOO cross!! The machine decides to go and kill itself, so I am covered in grease from trying to oil it, have baby wipes everywhere and my hair looks like Macy Gray! I am panicking and there are people still calling the phone, coming in for quotes, requesting orders so I am feeling the strain!! All before lunch aswell...ugh....not good!

I do a sample on the other side for 'Waste...' and it's fine, definately only the one-side of the machine playing up, so I'm semi-happy. I get one polo done and Simon comes back, asking me what's up e.t.c, I have an awful 'superior' feeling again and I inform him that everything's under control and to stop pestering. I then re-arrange the embroidery bay (which Rod will probably moan about) because it was so un-organised!! So I feel as if I've made the work-place better for everyone. I manage to fix the machine, don't ask me how (it involved unpracticed methosd..namely beating the shit out of it and screaming, 'work you fucking fuck!')

I get on with Ron's RAF job and leave it to run two samples (both sides to make sure machine's okay now) these will take half an hour, I will go on my break whilst waiting for them to finish. I don't need to watch them as I know it's all okay on the csrappy sample pieces, I will have to watch when the real fleeces are on though...just in case. Si and Jo hve already had their break and are now pestering the life outta me for stuff, so I turn my nose up and sit resolutely in front of the PC (current destination) with my lunch clutched in one hand and looking murderous...they know better than to annoy me.

It's 13:20pm now and I'm just finishing my lunch...Sugar Puffs!! YUMMY! I haven't had them for AGES! (Feels like a kid again) So I'm pumped full of energy and puffy-ness! So off I go to start the next 4 fleeces, the samples have come out A-Okay, yayeth!

Tune in later for more mayhem!lol.

0 comments: